Responsible for meal preparation to assure that all foods are prepared to meet dietary needs of residents and are in accordance with all health and safety regulations.
1. Assures meals are prepared and served in a timely manner and that these meals meet nutritional standards and are in sufficient amounts to meet the daily dietary needs of residents.
2. Responsible for seeing that all food is served at the proper temperature.
3. Responsible for following recipes when preparing meals.
4. Assists in the service of meals to assure that food is served attractively and in proper portions.
5. Responsible for advanced preparation of food while assuring that the quality of the product is maintained.
6. Follows proper sanitation and safety procedures and assures that Dietary Assistants follow safety protocol.
7. Organizes and ensures sanitation of storerooms, refrigeration units and kitchen and dining areas.
8. Supervises the maintenance, cleaning, and sanitation of assigned culinary equipment and work areas.
9. Regularly visits residents in the dining room to observe and evaluate meal service quality, diet appropriateness, quantity, temperature, and appearance to ensure resident satisfaction.
10. Follows all food safety protocols when storing and disposing left over foods.
11. Responsible for the supervision of the Dietary Assistants and oversees the Dietary Department in the absence of the Director.
12. Responsible for the security of all dietary items and the prevention of loss from staff, residents, and the public.
13. Respects and maintains resident confidentiality and demonstrates a caring, positive attitude toward all residents, staff, and guests.
14. Follows all safety rules and regulations for self, residents, and staff.
15. Performs any other duties necessary for the effective operation of the programs.
Education / Experience:
At least one-year work experience as a cook in a restaurant or in a large volume food service program is required.