The IT Service Desk Technician provides essential support for information technology services. The IT Service Desk provides direct support to DePaul’s staff as they use information technologies to advance the agency's mission. This position works in a dynamic, fast-paced department that provides services over the phone, through e-mail, chat, and in person (for walk-in customers).
• Provide 1st level technical support; answering support queries either via phone, email, or ticketing portal.
• Respond to enquiries from clients and help them resolve any hardware or software problems.
• Support users in the use of equipment by providing necessary training and advice including but not limited to
Computer and laptop hardware, Printers, scanners and peripherals
Windows 7, 8 and 10 Operating Systems, Microsoft Office and Office 365, Outlook Email
Wired and Wireless connectivity
• Setup iPhone and iPad, and other cellular devices
• Basic programming and support of legacy and VOIP desktop phones
• Basic support of surveillance and access control systems
• Maintain a high degree of customer service for all support queries and adhere to IT Policies and Procedures.
• Escalate more complex service issues to the relevant IT personnel based on Resolver Group matrix.
• Take ownership of user problems and be proactive when dealing with user issues.
• Log all requests into the ticketing system and maintain full documentation.
• Participate in project implementation as it relates to Help Desk and Desktop support.
• Provides appropriate communication to other technical support staff.
• Assist with the development and maintenance of appropriate documentation as requested.
• Maintain working knowledge of wide range of systems and technologies used by agency.
• Keep current on technologies via continuing education, journal review, web searches, and formal seminars
• Assist with management and tracking computer inventory
• Other duties will be assigned based on abilities and needs of the department
• Associate’s degree in related technical discipline, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience providing end user support in a MS Windows environment.
• Exceptional customer service skills, including outstanding oral, written and interpersonal communications
• Excellent troubleshooting skills in IT infrastructure – Hardware, software, telecom, smartphones,
• Strong analytical, problem solving, and prioritization skills
• Proven working experience with Active Directory users & groups, policies and management concepts
• Proven skills with Office products incl. but not limited to Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
• Understanding of LAN/WAN technologies
• Experience with Thin Client and XenDesktop/XenApp a plus
• Experience with VOIP, Surveillance systems and Access Control systems a plus
• Knowledge of cloud based technologies and applications.
• Ability to complete multiple simultaneous tasks and projects in a timely manner
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Comfortable working under pressure and in a fast paced environment
• Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds