Demonstrates positive leadership and oversight of each shift for the provision of routine and emergent resident care services.
*Please note, this position is 11:00pm-7:30am with every other weekend required.
1) Respects and maintains resident rights and confidentiality.
2) Listens and responds to residents’ requests promptly and cheerfully.
Assists in providing for the social, emotional and cultural needs of
3) Leads each shift in a respectful manner and according to the company’s
policies and procedures.
4) Performs all duties and responsibilities of a Medication Technician and of
a Resident Care Assistant. (See appropriate job
5) Monitors residents’ needs and makes appropriate referrals to outside
service providers utilizing DePaul’s Policies and Procedures for direction.
6) Assists in providing a cheerful and homelike environment.
7) Monitors the work performance of the RCA’s, HHA’s and PCA’s to assure
that residents receive the assistance they require and that this
assistance is provided at a pace that does not cause the resident to feel
8) Communicates clearly and thoroughly with staff members both on shift
and the incoming shift regarding resident and community issues.
9) Communicates with the resident’s family and responsible person timely
10) Demonstrates skills to build relationships with residents that are warm,
positive, caring and supportive.
11) Relates professionally to staff from regulatory agencies.
12) Completes and reviews all written documentation prior to leaving the
13) Participates in the required twelve (12) hours of in-services education
per year and other meetings/inservice training deemed necessary..
14) Responsible for promptly reporting any staff or resident issues, using the
documentation systems as described in the DePaul staff handbook before
leaving their shift.
15) Maintains daily time card recording as described in the handbook.
16) Performs all other duties as directed by the Resident Care Director.
· Warmth, understanding and responsiveness to residents and their
demands and reactions.
· Positive feeling for families and visitors, exercising patience and tact.
· Ability to use initiative, judgment and resourcefulness and ability to
make decisions and to lead the shift successfully.
· Ability to treat supervisees, other staff, resident and families with respect
at all times.
1. Ability to communicate with residents and others in the English language.
2. Ability to read and write English.
3. Ability to lift up to 30 lbs. without mechanical assistance.
4. Ability to visually observe residents.
5. Ability to audibly hear call bells, emergency systems, verbal needs
expressed by residents.
6. Ability to turn, stoop, bend, and stretch in order to assist residents.
7. Ability to stand and walk for prolonged periods.
8. Ability to recognize and respond to emergencies, including the
evacuation of residents and visitors in the event of fire.
9. Ability to push medication cart down hallway without assistance.
1. Must be at least 18 years of age.
2. HS diploma or GED preferred. CNA, HHA, or PCA certification preferred.
3. Must be dependable, hardworking and willing to work as part of a team.
4. Must demonstrate excellent customer service skills.
5. Respects and maintains resident rights and confidentiality.
6. Must be First Aid certified (DePaul will provide training).
7. Must pass the Health Evaluation exam/tests performed at the time of hire
and yearly thereafter.
8. Must be approved by the NYS Criminal History Background Check (CHRC)
unit and meet company employment criteria.
Well lighted, air-conditioned/heated environment; may be exposed to residents with communicable diseases or confused residents who become combative. May be required to work outside on occasion when required by resident care needs (i.e., resident walks or other outdoor activities).
Latex gloves, goggles, for standard precautions. Office equipment (copier, computer, fax machine, telephone), fire extinguisher, wheel chairs.