Property Manager for DePaul Properties oversees daily operations of an affordable housing apartment community. DePaul Properties offers rental housing to income eligible tenants and persons with special needs. The Property Manager (PM) will maintain compliance laws as defined by each governing program related to the site. (Training on the site specific compliance laws and specific expectations will be trained by DePaul staff). The PM will be responsible for all aspects of site operations including tenant issues, leasing, occupancy of units, physical plant maintenance and issues, security and community liaison. The Property Manager will also be responsible for encouraging and promoting a positive living environment for tenants and work environment for employees.
Packet Boat Landing
1. Understands governing bodies site requirements and will adhere to them such as:
* Ensures Compliance with Fair Housing and Americans with Disabilities Act.
* Ensures selection of new tenants is in accordance with the Tenant Selection Plan
* HUD/LIHTC guidelines governing all areas including-leasing, certification and
recertification processes, waiting lists, transfers and site maintenance.
2. Oversight of SP SRO program and Staff
3. Supervises all maintenance issues of the property-including snow and landscaping issues, cleanliness
of the building, unit maintenance, safety, security, pest control and preventative issues, and on-call
4. Supervises and responsible to maintain site security staff, equipment, and systems.
5. Works with community stakeholders such as neighborhood groups, police, SPOA, homeowners, and
businesses to promote good neighbor relations and build community relationships.
6. Works in collaboration with special needs service providers that come on site to work with residents
in accordance with their program and needs.
7. Marketing of units and maintaining occupancy (negotiates leases with tenants, collects rent, deals
with payment issues and security deposits). Works with tenants to comply with lease and avoid
eviction. Delivers notifications to tenants as needed.
8. Enforces DePaul Properties policies and procedures.
9. Prepares reports for investors and stakeholders as needed.
Education / Experience:
Bachelor’s degree or 4 years’ experience required.
Section 8 / Affordable Housing tax experience strongly preferred. 3 or more years experience in multi-family property management, including direct supervision of others. Proven marketing or leasing experience. Excellent customer service skills. Ability to perform in a busy, changing, multi-tasking work environment. Requires ability to physically inspect property (or Properties) and individual units. Requires ability to read, speak and comprehend English language. Requires a valid NYS driver’s license, an insured vehicle, and the ability to travel (on call, emergencies, trainings, etc. as needed).
Motivated personality, demonstrates professionalism, self starter, excellent ability to communicate. Is an active listener, has negotiation skills, flexible attitude, and demonstrates leadership. Values team and has knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel. Ability to learn accounting software essential.