Administrative Assistant with Receptionist duties to support Human Resources department for a large progressive non-profit agency. Acts as first contact for clients, staff and guests of administrative offices.
1. Serves as a resource to all staff, responding promptly and courteously to information
requests and concerns.
2. Acts as first contact for clients, staff and guests of DePaul administrative offices by covering
the front HR desk.
3. Assists supervisor with proofing scanned information for accuracy and completeness. Assists
with compiling information to process new-hires, changes and terminations. This
information is then entered into the HR Payroll system.
4. Tracks personnel file requirements, including reference letters, High School Diplomas,
College Transcripts and orientation checklists, by maintaining close contact with employees,
department heads and supervisors. Sends follow-up letters to employees for missing
5. Assembles all new-hire personnel files. Files all I-9 information.
6. Completes all employment verifications.
7. Assists training department with data entry and system tracking.
8. Provides secretarial support to HR team.
9. Orders department office supplies.
10. Participates in developing goals, objectives and systems. Attends staff meetings.
11. Performs any other duties for the effective operation of HR.
High School Diploma or GED. Minimum of 2 years experience in Human Resources or similar office experience.
Must have excellent problem solving skills, ability to multi-task, good communication skills and Microsoft office experience. Must be self-motivated and have the ability to work independently in a high volume / time-sensitive environment. Strong interpersonal and organizational skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations and documentation.