1. Responsible for assuring that food preparation/sanitation practices and policies are followed in a safe environment.
2. Assures that residents are prepared and served the diet prescribed by their physicians.
3. Completes other duties as assigned by the Director of Dietary Services.
1. Must be at least eighteen years of age, high school or GED preferred.
2. Two years experience in the food service industry preferred.
3. Documentation of a negative TB test within the last year.
4. Must be aware of and apply the standards of sanitary food preparation.
5. Must have the required references and criminal record check.
Well lighted, airconditioned/heated environment; may be exposed to residents with communicable diseases or confused residents who become combative. May be required to work outdoors on occasion at resident cookouts.
Protective equipment when working with chemicals or cleaning up broken glass. Food preparation equipment; slicer, grinder, mixer, dishwasher, garbage disposal, stove, deep fat fryer, coffeemaker etc.