Provide assistance to the Senior Director for the oversight of assigned Treatment Apartment Programs (TAP) and Community Residence Programs (CR) including by not limited to the hiring of staff, supervision of the managers and ensuring that all programs meet the compliance requirements in relevant County. This individual will also be responsible for the oversight of the other TAPs / CRs in the absence of the Program Director.
1. Assists the Senior Director with the overall operation of the program in accordance with DePaul policies
and procedures as well as the standards put forth by the New York State Office of Mental Health and
other applicable agencies.
2. Respects and maintains resident’s rights and confidentiality and demonstrates a positive, caring
attitude toward all residents, staff, guests and service providers.
3. Supervises and evaluates the Managers/Site Supervisors.
4. Performs on-call responsibilities.
5. Works in cooperation with Quality management and the Risk Management committee in order to
promote optimum care.
6. Works with the Director and the Residence Managers to adhere to program budgets.
7. Conducts ongoing, regular support supervisions with the designated Residence Managers/Site
8. Participates in SPOA meetings as needed.
9. Attends and participates in utilization review, treatment teams, staff meetings and Resident meetings
10. Ensures that Resident meetings are conducted on a regular basis and concerns are addressed in a
11. Follows all safety rules and regulations for self, residents and staff.
12. Works cooperatively with the Residence Manager/Site Supervisor to ensure that all physical plant
concerns are addressed in a thorough and timely manner.
13. Maintain a positive relationship with the community, outside service providers, and family members in an
effort to foster community involvement and participation.
14. Works closely with the Quality Management team to ensure staff are trained in the areas of recovery
oriented supports while utilizing Person Centered practices.
15. Participates in New Employee Orientation training.
16. Completes responsibilities that are outlined in the Corporate Compliance Plan for Medicaid reimbursable
services to include, review and submit monthly billing and ensure documentation is completed within
time frames and up to the standards set by the NYS Office of Mental Health and Medicaid.
17. Performs any other duties for the effective operation of the program.
Bachelor’s degree in psychology or Human Service field plus two years of residential experience working with mentally disabled individuals (one of which includes related supervisory experience).
*In addition to the above criteria this position also requires a clean NYS driving record as outlined in DePaul’s personnel policy. The use of one’s personal vehicle is also a requirement.