1. Respects and maintains resident’s rights and confidentiality and demonstrates a positive, caring attitude
toward all residents, staff, guests and service providers.
2. Provide teaching, monitoring and recovery oriented supports in accordance with OMH 593 and 595
including the following rehabilitative services; Assertiveness/Self-Advocacy Training, Community
Integration/Resource Development, Daily Living Skills, Health Services, Medication Management Training,
Parenting Training, Rehabilitative Counseling, Skill Development, Socialization, Substance Abuse Services,
and Symptom Management.
3. Ensure that each resident on his or her caseload receives comprehensive planning in a person centered
approach for; admission (including the completion of admission notes), ongoing recovery oriented
services, and discharge. Ensure that each plan is complete and up-to-date in accordance with standards
of practice and the New York State Office of Mental Health.
4. Observe, monitor, document, and report resident behaviors as well as their progress in accordance with
5. Assist Residents in the preparation of nutritious meals, including food preparation when needed.
6. Assist in planning, implementation, and support of recreational activities.
7. Provide safe transporting of resident when needed.
8. Complete household chores assigned by supervisor to maintain cleanliness and safety standards.
9. Supervise and document resident medications in accordance with agency policies.
10. Perform any other duties necessary for the effective and efficient operation of the community residence
and/or Treatment Apartment Program.
1. Supervise the program in the absence of the Residence Manager including supervision of resident care,
staff, and physical plant.
2. Assist with the interviewing process and make hiring recommendations to supervisor.
3. Attend staff meetings and trainings as required by supervisor and work as a member of the residential
team for each resident. Give relevant input for treatment team meetings, staff meetings, continued stay
reviews, and any other relevant meetings.
4. Assist the manager with maintaining a positive relationship with the community, outside service providers,
and family members in an effort to foster community involvement and participation.
5. Share in on-call responsibilities of the program as designated by the manager/supervisor.
6. Follow safety rules and regulations for self and others.
Preferably a Bachelor’s degree in Human Services and at least one-year related experience or a combination of education and experience, which meets QMHS status as defined by OMH.
Driving record that meets agency’s “clean driving record policy”.