Provides direct support and supervision to the Residential Services Coordinator I and Community Living Staff as they relate to resident service delivery as well as, assumes primary responsibility for performing and coordinating the services and functions necessary to enhance the resident’s autonomy, quality of life, and recovery process.
*Please note, this position is Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:30pm.
1. Responsible for the overall supervision and evaluation of Residential Service Coordinator’s I and Community Living Staff including support and assistance with service delivery.
2. Serves as an active member of the Admission Committee for the purpose of reviewing perspective resident’s candidacy for placement.
3. Works with the Intake Director to provide perspective residents with tours and lunch visits as part of the admission process.
4. Develops the overall Residential Service Plan with the resident and his or her support network by identifying the individual’s needs and desires in an effort to maintain placement and / or progress to more independent housing.
5. Provides teaching, monitoring and recovery oriented supports in accordance with OMH 595 including the following rehabilitative services: Assertiveness / Self-Advocacy Training, Community Integration / Resource Development, Daily Living Skills, Health Services, Medication / Training, Parenting Training, Rehabilitative Counseling, Skill Development, Socialization, Substance Abuse Services, Symptom Management.
6. Ensures that each resident receives comprehensive planning in a person centered approach for; admission (including the completion of admission notes), on going recovery oriented services, and discharge. Ensure that each plan is complete and up-to-date in accordance with standards of practice and the New York State Office of Mental Health.
7. Provides supervision to assigned Community Living Staff and Community Living Assistants to ensure delivery of services in accordance with each resident’s service plan.
8. Conducts quarterly reviews of the Residential Service Plan with the individual in an effort to ascertain the degree of progress and to make revisions when necessary.
9. Observes, monitosr, documents, and reports resident behaviors as well as their progress in accordance with agency standards.
10. Maintains accurate and timely resident files, including the documentation of progress notes, the updating of service plans, the maintenance of psychiatric and medical records, as well as other pertinent information regarding the resident.
11. Ensures that annual appointments for physicals, eye exams, and dental appointments are scheduled. Ensures that transportation is arranged for these appointments (when appropriate).
12. Works collaboratively with the resident’s community service providers to ensure continuity of care (care coordinators, clinical, medical, educational, vocational, and entitlement specialists, etc.). Makes appropriate referrals to these services when needed.
13. Serves as the key liaison between the resident and his / her clinical provider with regard to the monitoring of the individual’s mental health and well-being.
14. Helps residents to plan for the purchasing of clothes and other necessities.
15. Works with residents to encourage a healthy connection with family and community ties and to develop new supports and interests.
16. Respects and maintains resident confidentiality and demonstrates a caring, positive attitude toward all residents, staff, guests, and service providers.
17. Provides safe transporting of residents when needed.
18. Follows all safety rules and regulations for self, residents, and staff.
19. Performs any other duties necessary for the effective operation of the program.
Education & Experience: Needs to meet one of the following three criteria:
Bachelor’s degree in Human Service field plus at least 1-year of related supervisory experience.
Associate’s degree in a Human Service field plus three years of residential experience (one of which includes related supervisory experience).
High School diplomas or GED, plus five years residential experience (one of which includes related supervisory experience).
* In addition to the above criteria this position also requires a clean NYS driving record as outlined in DePaul’s personnel policy.