Responsible for meal preparation to assure that all foods are prepared to meet dietary needs of residents and are in accordance with all health and safety regulations.
This position is Sunday & Monday 10:30am-7:00pm and Tuesday-Friday 6:00am-10:00am
Please note, this position is split between Ebenezer Square and Seneca Square
1. Assures meals are prepared and served in a timely manner and that these meals meet
nutritional standards and are in sufficient amounts to meet the daily dietary needs of
2. Responsible for seeing that all food is served at the proper temperature.
3. Responsible for following recipes when preparing meals.
4. Assists in the service of meals to assure that food is served attractively and in proper
5. Responsible for advanced preparation of food while assuring that the quality of the product is
6. Follows proper sanitation and safety procedures of the kitchen, storerooms and refrigerator
units, including the sweeping and mopping of work areas and dining room.
7. Handles all food dishes and utensils according to agency standards and health and safety
regulations. This includes sanitizing of all dining room service ware, trays and carts.
8. Supervises the maintenance and cleaning of assigned culinary equipment and work areas.
9. Regularly visits residents in the dining room to observe and evaluate meal service quality,
diet appropriateness, quantity, temperature, and appearance to ensure resident satisfaction.
10. Follows all food safety protocols when storing and disposing left over foods.
11. Listens and responds to resident’s request in a prompt and courteous manner. Sees that
all Resident’s needs are met while providing a positive dining experience.
12. Responsible for the security of all dietary items and the prevention of loss from staff,
residents, and the public.
13. Participates in staff meetings and in-services.
14. Responsible for ensuring that all food utensils are readily available for each meal.
15. Responsible for the cleanliness of all service areas to include hot and cold table before and
after each meal.
16. Responsible for cleaning all pots, pans, trays and waste receptacles, as well as the cleaning
of all areas of the kitchen and dining room.
At least one-year work experience as a cook in a restaurant or in a large volume food service program is required.