Assumes primary responsibility for monitoring the reception area and all related duties which include but are not limited to: answering the telephone, minor clerical work, general reception duties, personnel functions, management of resident spending, etc.
*Please note, this position is approximately 20 hours/week.
1. Courteously greets, welcomes and provides direction to guests, residents, service providers, vendors and family members.
2. Receives all incoming calls and forwards them to the appropriate individual.
3. Performs general clerical duties such as typing of letters, filing, updating of logs, listings, staff rosters, etc.
4. Responsible for updating records of staff trainings and requirements as needed (i.e., PPD, First Aid, Universal Precautions, Exposure Control, etc).
5. Maintains all personnel files, assuring they are complete, organized, accurate and in compliance with Office of Mental Health, and DePaul standards. This includes registering all new staff for New Employee Orientation
6. Assists new staff with the completion of required paperwork (i.e., I-9, W-4, state withholding, emergency contact, etc).
7. Responsible for the oversight and distribution and record keeping of all resident’s spending accounts.
8. Assists the program with the collection of resident rent (past and current).
9. Maintains a neat and welcoming environment within the reception area.
10. Respects and maintains resident confidentiality and demonstrates a caring, positive attitude toward all residents, staff, and guests.
11. Participates in staff meetings and in-services.
12. Follows all safety rules and regulations for self, residents and staff.
13. Performs any other duties necessary for the effective operation of the programs.
Education / Experience: Minimum of High School diploma or GED with at least one-year secretarial experience in business or a related field. Basic knowledge of computer programs and general basic bookkeeping skills are required.
*In addition to the above criteria, this position also requires a clean NYS driving record as outlined in DePaul’s personnel policy.