The Supported Housing Specialist will be responsible for assisting tenants with all necessary linkages and to help them maintain a stable community living environment of their choice.
*Please note, this position is Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm.
DIRECT SERVICE RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. To assist tenants in securing a safe and affordable apartment of their
2. Provide support to the tenant with establishing and maintaining utilities.
3. Assist with the purchasing of furniture and needed household items.
4. To initiate a direct contact with the tenant on at least a monthly basis for
the purpose of reviewing their current living environment and monitoring
their mental health status.
5. Documents all visits and client contacts in the tenant’s record.
6. Practices person-centered practices and demonstrates a positive, caring
demeanor when working with tenants.
7. Work with the tenant and their service providers to provide regular ongoing
8. Assisting the tenant when necessary to settle housing related disputes with
9. Provide teaching, monitoring and recovery oriented supports as needed in
the areas associated with living independently.
10. Work with the tenant to ensure that all entitlements are secured and
11. Work with the tenant and their support team to create an individualized
housing support plan.
12. To provide transportation to the tenant when necessary.
13. Ensure that the tenant maintains required clinical services and other
linkages, such as medical and dental treatment as well as vocational
education as needed.
14. Ensure that all new tenants apply for HUD / Section 8 housing.
15. Maintain adequate records and provider reports and statistics as requested
by the supervisor.
16. Coordinates the moving in (and out) of tenants as necessary.
17. Performs any other duties necessary for the effective and efficient
operation of the program.
Bachelor’s degree in Human Services field or High School Diploma or GED and at least two years of experience working in the Human Services field.
*In addition to the above criteria this position also requires a clean NYS driving record as outlined in DePaul’s personnel policy. The use of one’s personal vehicle is also a requirement.