The purpose of this position is to maintain a clean and safe environment in accordance with state regulations and community policy.
1) Follows the cleaning schedule (daily, weekly, monthly) of resident rooms, common areas
2) Straightens or rearranges furniture when needed or requested.
3) Inspects furniture for wear and defects; completes maintenance requests for needed
4) Empties and relines waste baskets.
5) Keeps designated smoking area cigarette receptacles clean.
6) Replenishes soap dispensers and bathroom tissue.
7) Cleans room after resident is discharged.
8) Checks rooms of resident who are moving in to insure that the room is ready.
9) Honors resident’s rights especially, related to privacy and confidentiality.
10) Reports unsafe situations immediately (frayed electrical cord, broken chair, torn rug, etc.)
11) Keeps cleaning chemicals within view while performing tasks; keeps chemicals locked up
when not in use.
12) Keeps janitor closets locked at all times.
13) Uses safety equipment when indicated (i.e., gloves / goggles when cleaning up body
14) Performs any other duties as requested by Supervisory personnel to assist and assure the
safe, effective functioning of the facility.
Ability to communicate with residents and others in the English language.
Ability to read and write English.
Ability to lift up to 30 lbs. without mechanical assistance.
Ability to visually observe resident
Ability to audibly hear emergency call systems, verbal needs expressed by residents.
Ability to turn, stoop, bend and stretch in order to perform work.
Ability to stand and walk for prolonged periods.
Ability to manipulate equipment (mop bucket, paper towel and soap dispensers, etc.)
Ability to recognize and respond to emergencies, e.g. evacuation of residents and visitors in the
event of fire.
Ability to push the housekeeping cart down the hall unassisted.
Must be at least eighteen (18) years of age: high school diploma or GED preferred.
Previous experience in institutional housekeeping preferred.
Must have the required references and criminal record check.
Must be in good standing with the Criminal History Background Check.
Must have documentation that he/she is free from tuberculosis disease that poses a direct threat to the health and safety of others.
Well lighted, air-conditioned / heated environment; may be exposed to residents with communicable diseases or confused residents.