Works as an effective member of the team with regard to assisting each resident with carrying out his or her service plan goals and objectives in a person centered approach as well as serving as the team leader when administrative staff are absent from the building.
*Please note, this position is Tuesday-Saturday 11:00pm-7:30am.
1. Provides teaching, monitoring and recovery oriented supports in accordance with OMH 595 including the following rehabilitative services: Assertiveness / Self-Advocacy Training, Community Integration / Resource Development, Daily Living Skills, Health Services, Medication Management / Training, Parenting Training, Rehabilitative Counseling, Skill Development, Socialization, Substance Abuse Services, Symptom Management.
2. Assists the Medication Coordinator with supervising resident medications in accordance with physician’s orders, quality management standards and NYS Office of Mental Health regulations.
3. Maintains accurate and timely documentation in resident medication records.
4. Communicates relevant information regarding a resident’s mental and physical status to the Residential Services Coordinator, the Supervisor on site or directly to the provider when needed.
5. Completes basic documentation in the resident file with regard to any psychiatric concerns, medical concerns, progress or anything else deemed as significant.
6. Ensures that daily tasks and assignments are completed as directed by the Residential Services Coordinator. This includes assisting with the preparation of resident’s rooms prior to admission to the program, helping with the orientation of new residents moving into the program, and assisting with the discharge and transfer of residents when needed.
7. Shares information with supervisor or other administrative staff in regards to problems or concerns that occur during their shift.
8. Serves as a team leader and/or senior staff person in the absence of administrative staff.
9. Works with and helps residents maintain the upkeep of their personal rooms.
10. Provide safe transporting of residents when needed.
11. If assigned Overnight shifts; Completes rounds at least four (4) times per shift in an effort to monitor the program and intervene when necessary to settle any potential problems or disputes between residents; this includes updates on the daily census check if needed. Works with the overnight security to ensure the safety and well-being of the resident’s (i.e., observation of the building and ground, enforcing visitor’s hours, ensuring doors are locked by 11:00pm each night, restricting unwanted visitor’s and monitoring of the security camera’s, etc.).
12. Coordinates and participates in resident’s recreational activities.
Education & Experience: Ability to demonstrate verbal and written skills necessary to carry out services for the success of the program, plus at least one-year related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Supervision of staff and the oversight of medication experience is preferred. Valid New York State driver’s license that meets qualifications set by agency’s clean driver record policy is preferred