1. Respects and maintains resident confidentiality and demonstrates a caring, positive attitude toward all residents, staff and guests.
2. Makes repairs of the building, equipment, and machinery as needed within his / her capability and notifies the Facilities Director / Program Director of any major problems or concerns.
3. Repairs lights, plumbing, windows, and screens and performs simple carpentry when needed.
4. Performs interior and exterior painting as needed.
5. Coordinates work orders with Supervisors to ensure that deadlines and priorities of program are met.
6. Under the direction of the Facilities Director, oversees the contracts for the preventative maintenance of the following: generator, fire extinguishers and ansul system, sprinkler system, fire alarm, elevator, HVAC system (boiler, roof top units, air conditioner heater unit), water treatment and pest control.
7. Ensures that resident’s rooms are prepared for new admissions, which may include maintenance of the room itself and the moving of the furniture and equipment as required.
8. Gathers price estimates for major repair work and reviews them with the Director.
9. Maintains ongoing contact and monitoring of the lawn care and snow removal companies. Also ensures that walkways and exits are shoveled and salted as needed.
10. Works with the Director to ensure that all OMH / HCR, and other funders physical plant issues are successfully addressed.
11. Assumes on call responsibility during physical plant emergencies.
12. Ensures all property outside of the building is properly maintained and cleaned as needed. This includes the picking up of any trash, cigarette butts or any other debris on the property.
13. Participates in staff meetings and in-services.
14. Works independently and with other maintenance staff to ensure that deadlines and priorities of agency are met.
15. Follows all safety rules and regulations for self, residents and staff.
16. Schedules, implements and tracks monthly fire drills as per OMH regulations.
17. Performs any other duties necessary for the effective operation of the programs.