The Compliance support Assistant is responsible for performing all assigned duties, including but not limited to; assisting individuals with the application process, collecting third party verifications, maintaining tenant files. Must be highly organized and eager to learn new things. This candidate must have excellent problem solving skills, ability to multi-task, excellent communication skills and have an ability to work in a high volume / time-sensitive environment. Must be proficient in MS Office programs.
1. Review incoming LIHTC applications / referrals to ensure completeness, communicate
effectively and efficiently with applicants and referring agencies to ensure timeliness
2. Assists applicants / tenants with paperwork, provide information and direction to staff / tenants
and handle information confidentially and accurately.
3. Performs secretarial and clerical work involving but not limited to various applications,
correspondence, memos, reports and forms.
4. Meet with tenants / applicants to obtain required signatures and documentation.
5. Gather income and asset verification documents from third parties.
6. Organize and purge tenant files as needed, update and maintain digital copies of all tenant
7. Assist with routine in-house audits of all resident files to ensure that they are complete and
accurate in relation to compliance.
8. Works collaboratively with the Compliance and Intake Department to ensure full occupancy of
all DePaul Properties sites.
9. Attend all recommended / mandated trainings to stay current with compliance regulations and Fair Housing Laws.
10. Follows all safety rules and regulations for self, residents and staff.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: Associate’s Degree in Business or High School Diploma / GED plus knowledge of clerical and administrative procedures and systems such as filing and record keeping. Bilingual a plus.
Other: Valid New York State driver’s license. Must meet qualifications set by agency’s clean driving record policy. Use of personal vehicle required.