Under the direction of the Residence Manager, provides care, rehabilitative training, support and supervision for the development and/or enhancement of community living skills to resident. Acts as House Supervisor in absence of Residence Manager.
A. DIRECT SERVICE RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provide teaching, supervision, and support in accordance with OMH 593 and 595 including the following restorative services: Assertiveness/Self-Advocacy Training, Community Integration/Resource Development, Daily Living Skills, Health Services, Medication Management/Training, Parenting Training, Rehabilitative Counseling, Skill Development, Socialization, Substance Abuse Services, and Symptom Management.
2. Provide case management/rehabilitation services to assigned residents including the coordination of services provided by outside agencies and professionals.
3. Monitor and support residents’ efforts in maintaining their comprehensive plan for admission, ongoing treatment and training, and discharge or transfer.
4. Observe, monitor, and document resident behaviors as well as their progress in accordance with agency standards.
5. Assist in the preparation of nutritious meals, including food preparation when needed.
6. Assist in the planning, implementation, and supervision of recreational activities.
7. Provide safe transporting of residents when needed.
8. Complete household chores assigned by supervisor to maintain cleanliness and safety standards.
9. Supervise and document resident medications in accordance with agency policies.
10. Perform any other duties necessary for the effective and efficient operation of the community residence.
B. ADMINISTRATIVE RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Supervise the residence and staff in the absence of the Residence Manager.
2. Interview and make hiring recommendations to supervisor.
3. Attend staff meetings and trainings as required by supervisor and work as a member of the residential team for each resident. Give relevant input for treatment team meetings, staff meetings, utilization reviews, and any other meetings.
4. Observe all safety rules and regulations for self and others.
Education: 4 year degree in Human Services preferred, QMHS required.
Experience: 1 year experience in Human Services preferred.
Other: Driving record that meets agency’s Clean Driving Record Policy.