Work under the supervision of the Site Supervisor to provide supportive services to the individuals placed at the Medical Step-Down Residence.
1. Respects and maintains resident’s rights and confidentiality and demonstrates a positive,
caring attitude to all residents, staff, guests and service providers
2. Provides support and assistance to residents to include assistance with daily living skills
and medication supervision.
3. Observe, monitor and document any change in a resident’s medical condition and promptly
report to primary medical provider.
4. Monitor / document resident’s progress or otherwise on a daily basis.
5. Support residents’ use of medications via methods such as prompts or reminders and
updated health care providers (i.e. PCP, VNS, etc.) about any medication related problems
that are identified.
6. Work with medical providers to ensure appropriate medical care is provided to each
resident based on their individual needs.
7. Prepare and assist with meal preparation.
8. Work with each resident and their care / support team to ensure they are working towards
their discharge plan of securing more permanent housing.
9. Assist with the coordination of medical and other necessary appointments and arrange /
provide transportation as necessary.
10. Maintain on-going communication with medical providers to provide status updates on
resident’s medical conditions and document accordingly.
11. Assist with the overall upkeep of the residence.
12. Assist with laundering of clothing, sheets, bedding, etc. as needed.
13. Follow all health and safety regulations for the benefit of all staff and residents.
14. Participate in all necessary and relevant trainings as it relates to the program.
15. Perform any other duties necessary for the effective and efficient operation of the
Minimum of a high school diploma / GED and at least 1-year of experience working in a residential and / or medical type setting. Must have a valid NYS driver’s license and a driving record that meets DePaul’s clean driving standards; must be comfortable with various medically related scenarios.