We’re looking for an organized, energetic, Compliance Specialist with experience in Low Income Housing Tax Credit to join our team at DePaul!
DePaul Properties, Inc. develops and operates affordable housing throughout New York State through the Low Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) program. We create and operate attractive, affordable housing in communities that provide permanent housing solutions for low income individuals and families, as well as operate units licensed for residential treatment by the Office of Mental Health.
If you’re the right fit for us, you have experience in Low Income Housing Tax Credit, you love completing administrative tasks, you have a knack for organization, and you enjoy daily interaction communicating with people and building long lasting relationships, please apply.
DePaul offers advancement opportunities, paid holidays and accrued time off, plus full benefit options for full-time positions. DePaul is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The compliance Specialist 2 will work collaboratively with the Property Management Team administering annual recertification and leasing procedures, assisting in the affordable program compliance and help the LIHTC Specialist achieve maximum occupancy at each site while giving superior resident customer service satisfaction. Must be proficient in MS Office programs. Yardi Property Management Software experience a plus, but not required. Some travel is required with use of personal vehicle.
1. Monitor systems and procedures to ensure uniform compliance with LIHTC and all Federal and local fair housing regulations and
2. Reviews initial applications for accuracy to ensure income eligibility.
3. Works with departmental Staff to approve eligible applicants and ensures that all admissions comply with LIHTC regulations.
4. Maintain and monitor applicant and resident financial data in preparation for housing reports and audits.
5. Provide on-going trainings as it related to LIHTC, for the intake department and specific program staff.
6. Liaisons with Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), Public Housing Agencies (PHAs) and other agencies that provide housing subsidy to ensure compliance with various programs.
7. Conducts routine in-house audits of all resident files to ensure that they are complete and accurate in relation to tax credit compliance.
8. Provide assistance and expertise to residential staff involved with financial applications, re-certifications and entitlement concerns and serve as an information source to funding / referring agencies, families and consumers with regard to eligibility issues.
9. Attend all recommended / mandated trainings to stay current with compliance regulations and Fair Housing Laws.
10. Follows all safety rules and regulations for self, residents and staff.
11. Performs any other duties for the effective operation of the program.
Education: Associate’s degree or High School Diploma / GED with at least 2 years of LIHTC experience.
Must be outgoing and friendly
Must have a Valid New York State driver’s license, and meet qualifications set by agency’s clean driving record policy.
Background Check required.