The Supportive Housing Coordinator is responsible for the oversight of DePaul’s Supportive Housing in Perry NY. This includes managing all aspects of the program, including ensuring quality care for the tenants, creating and maintaining relationships with referral and oversight entities, the effective supervision of staff, and completing the necessary reporting requirements.
1. Represent DePaul at Continuum of Care meetings for Wyoming County.
2. Represent DePaul at Wyoming County SPOA meetings.
3. Market the Supportive Housing program throughout Wyoming County.
4. Establish relationships with referral sources for the senior population.
5. Establish relationships with support services for the senior population.
6. Work in collaboration with the DePaul Compliance to help potential tenants understand financial certification process and
assist with gathering documentation when necessary.
7. Responsible for the oversight, supervision and evaluation of program staff.
8. Ensure that appropriate tenant records are maintained including the formulation of a housing support plan for each tenant.
9. Adheres to and oversees program budget and reviews them for accuracy including the approval of all program expenditures
per agency protocol.
10. Oversees the interviewing of staff and makes hiring recommendations to supervisor.
11. Ensure that staff are properly trained and evaluated, including attending any required trainings.
12. Responsible for submitting periodic required reports and necessary statistics to oversight agencies.
13. Develops positive working relationship with various community service agencies including the local government unit.
14. Oversee the referral process for evaluation and intake of all potential program tenants.
15. Assume coverage of tenants or see to it that coverage is provided when direct care staff are not available.
16. Ensure that all housing resources are available to all tenants.
17. Ensure that program staff adhere to person centered philosophies and practices.
18. Ensure that staff initiates direct contact with the tenant on at least a monthly basis for the purpose of reviewing and
discussing their current living environment.
19. Assist the tenant when necessary to settle housing related disputes with the landlord.
20. Assist tenants in contacting landlord, verifying income for lease renewals and negotiating lease agreements when necessary.
21. Perform any other duties necessary for the effective and efficient operation of the program.
Must meet one of the following three criteria:
A. Bachelor’s degree in Psychology or Human Service field plus two years of residential experience working with a special needs population (One of which includes related supervisory experience).
B. Associate’s degree in a Human Service field plus three years of residential experience working with a special needs population (One of which includes related supervisory experience).
C. High School diploma or GED plus five years residential experience working with a special needs population (Two or which includes related supervisory experience).
*In addition to the above criteria this position also requires a clean NYS driving record as outlined in DePaul’s personnel policy. The use of one’s personal vehicle is also a requirement.