The Community Living Supervisor (CLS) works as an effective member of the team with regard to assisting each resident with carrying out his or her service plan goals and objectives in a person centered approach as well as serving as the team leader when administrative staff are absent from the building.
*Please note, this position is Friday & Saturday, 11:00pm-7:30am.
1. Provide teaching, monitoring and recovery oriented supports in accordance with OMH 595 including the following rehabilitative
services: Assertiveness / Self-Advocacy Training, Community Integration / Resource Development, Daily Living Skills, Health
Services, Medication Management / Training, Parenting Training, Rehabilitative Counseling, Skill Development, Socialization,
Substance Abuse Services, Symptom Management.
2. Assists the Medication Coordinator with supervising resident medications in accordance with physician’s orders, agency policy and NYS
Office of Mental Health regulations.
3. Maintains accurate and timely documentation in resident medication records.
4. Communicates relevant information regarding a resident’s mental and physical status to the Residential Services Coordinator, the
Supervisor on site or directly to the provider when needed.
5. Completes basic documentation in the resident file with regard to any psychiatric concerns, medical concerns, progress or anything
else deemed as significant.
6. Ensures that daily tasks and assignments are completed as directed by the Residential Services Coordinator. This includes assisting
with the preparation of resident’s rooms prior to admission to the program, helping with the orientation of new residents moving into
the program, and assisting with the discharge and transfer of residents when needed.
7. If assigned Overnight shifts; Completes rounds at least four (4) times per shift in an effort to monitor the program and intervene
when necessary to settle any potential problems or disputes between residents; this includes updates on the daily census check if
needed. Works with the overnight security to ensure the safety and well-being of the resident’s (i.e., observation of the building and
ground, enforcing visitor’s hours, ensuring doors are locked by 9:00pm each night, restricting unwanted visitor’s and monitoring of
the security camera’s, etc.).
8. Shares information with supervisor or other administrative staff in regards to problems or concerns that occur during their shift.
9. Works with and helps residents maintain the upkeep of their personal rooms.
10. Coordinates and participates in resident’s recreational activities.
11. Respects and maintains resident confidentiality and demonstrates a caring, positive attitude toward all residents (as per respect
policy), staff, family members, guests and service providers.
12. Attend staff meetings and trainings as required by the agency.
13. Work as a member of the residential team for each resident and give relevant input for treatment team meetings and continued stay
14. Provide safe transporting of residents when needed.
15. Serves as a team leader and / or senior staff person in the absence of administrative staff.
16. Performs any other duties necessary for the effective operation of the program.
Education & Experience:
Minimum of High School diploma or GED and ability to demonstrate verbal and written skills necessary to carry out services for the success of the program. Supervision of staff and the oversight of medication experience is preferred. Valid New York State driver’s license that meets qualifications set by agency’s clean driver record policy is preferred.