1. Respects and maintains consumer’s rights and confidentiality and demonstrates a positive caring attitude
toward all consumers, staff, guests and service providers.
2. Provide oversight of ACCES-VR funded Core Rehabilitation Services.
3. Provide community outreach and market vocational programs to referral agents.
4. Conduct vocational assessments; Prepare and present comprehensive assessment with recommendations to
participants and their stakeholders.
5. Provide one-to-one vocational counseling and / or facilitate vocational groups.
6. Provide development for paid / unpaid work internships or competitive job placements.
7. Conduct site visits as necessary to assess progress, identify accommodations and meet regulatory criteria.
8. Job coaching as necessary to maximize success of job placement.
9. Responsible for tracking and submitting billing and ACCES-VR reports on a monthly basis.
10. Must develop good working relationships with all stakeholders including but not limited to ACCES-
VR, Community Businesses, High School Personnel, family members, therapists, Medicaid service
Coordinators, case manager, etc.
11. Must adhere to WorkGuide procedures and regulations.
12. Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Education: Master’s degree in Vocational Rehabilitation Counseling or related area such as Personnel Counseling and Guidance, or Bachelor’s degree and enrollment in a Master’s degree program in Vocational Rehabilitation or related area such as Personnel Counseling and Guidance or Bachelor’s degree and two years’ experience providing vocational assessment services or five years’ experience as an evaluator in community rehabilitation programs.
Experience: Relevant experience should include working with adults and / or youth with DD, LD, CD, MH and / or deaf or hard of hearing. Previous experience should include conducting vocational assessment services and / or developing work experiences / internships with community based employers. Must have good communication skills, both verbal and written. ASL is a plus, but not required. Must be well organized and be able to work with limited supervision. Must be computer literate.
Other: Must have a current valid NYS driver’s license that meets agency’s clean driving record policy. Must have ability to work a flexible schedule. Must have reliable transportation and vehicle to perform job duties. Must be able to work standing, sitting and bending.