Under the supervision of the Dietary Director, the Cook prepares and serves meals in a timely manner and ensures they meet nutritional standards and are in recommended amounts to meet the dietary needs of residents.
*Please note, this position is split between our Edgerton Square and Parkside facilities.
1. Responsible for seeing that all food is served at the proper temperature.
2. Responsible for following recipes when needed when preparing meals.
3. Assists in the service of meals to assure that food is served attractively and in proper portions.
4. Responsible for advanced preparation of food while assuring that the quality of the product is maintained.
5. Follows proper sanitation and safety procedures and assures that Dietary Assistants follow safety protocols. Wears attire suitable
and safe for position.
6. Organizes and ensures sanitation of storerooms, refrigeration units and kitchen and dining areas.
7. Supervises the maintenance, cleaning and sanitation of assigned culinary equipment and work areas.
8. Regularly visits residents in the dining room to observe and evaluate meal service quality, diet appropriateness, quantity,
temperature and appearance to ensure resident satisfaction.
9. Follows all food safety protocols when storing and disposing left over foods.
10. Responsible for the supervision of the Dietary Assistants and oversees the Dietary Department (including ordering of food and
supplies) in the absence of the Director.
11. Responsible for the security of all dietary items and the prevention of loss from staff, residents and the public.
12. Respects and maintains resident confidentiality and demonstrates a caring, positive attitude toward all residents (as per respect
policy), staff and guests.
13. Participates in staff meetings and attends agency required trainings.
14. Follows all safety rules and regulations for self, residents, and staff.
15. Performs any other duties necessary for the effective operation of the programs.
Education / Experience:
At least one-year work experience as a cook in a restaurant or in a large volume food service program is required.