Glenwell, a DePaul Senior Living Community in Cheektowaga, NY, is looking for a Supervisor to join our personal care team on th overnight shift! Demonstrates positive leadership and oversight of each shift for the provision of routine and emergent resident care services.
· Warmth, understanding and responsiveness to residents and their demands and reactions.
· Positive feeling for families and visitors, exercising patience and tact.
· Ability to use initiative, judgment and resourcefulness and ability to make decisions and to lead the shift successfully.
· Ability to treat supervisees, other staff, resident and families with respect at all times.
1. Ability to communicate with residents and others in the English language.
2. Ability to read and write English.
3. Ability to lift up to 30 lbs. without mechanical assistance.
4. Ability to visually observe residents.
5. Ability to audibly hear call bells, emergency systems, verbal needs expressed by residents.
6. Ability to turn, stoop, bend, and stretch in order to assist residents.
7. Ability to stand and walk for prolonged periods.
8. Ability to recognize and respond to emergencies, including the evacuation of residents and visitors in the event of fire.
9. Ability to push medication cart down hallway without assistance.
1. Must be at least 18 years of age.
2. HS diploma or GED preferred. CNA, HHA, or PCA certification preferred.
3. Must be dependable, hardworking and willing to work as part of a team.
4. Must demonstrate excellent customer service skills.
5. Respects and maintains resident rights and confidentiality.
6. Must be First Aid certified (DePaul will provide training).
7. Must pass the Health Evaluation exam/tests performed at the time of hire and yearly thereafter.
8. Must be approved by the NYS Criminal History Background Check (CHRC) unit and meet company employment criteria.
Well lighted, air-conditioned/heated environment; may be exposed to residents with communicable diseases or confused residents who become combative. May be required to work outside on occasion when required by resident care needs (i.e., resident walks or other outdoor activities).