$1,000 Sign On Bonus! Seneca Square is now hiring per diem dietary staff! The Dietary Assistant works under the direction of the Dietary director and the Cook to ensure that all functions of the dietary department are completed in a timely and effective manner.
Per diem positions require a commitment to pick up a minimum of 4 shifts per month.
1. Listens and responds to resident’s request in a prompt and courteous manner. Sees that all resident’s needs are met while
providing a positive dining experience (as per respect policy).
2. Handles all food dishes and utensils according to agency standards and health and safety regulations.
This includes sanitizing of all dining room service ware, trays and carts.
3. Assures that all work and storage areas are kept in a neat and sanitary condition.
4. Responsible for proper waste disposal and maintaining sanitary waste receptacles, dumpster areas and department trashcans.
5. Responsible for sweeping and mopping work areas and dining room.
6. Responsible for dishwashing and cleaning of pots, pans, trays and any and all dishware in the kitchen.
7. Responsible for the set up and break down of the hot and cold tables before and after each meal.
8. Responsible for ensuring that all food utensils are readily available for each meal.
9. Responsible for the cleanliness of all service areas to include hot, cold, beverage and dishwashing stations.
10. Assists cooks with the preparation and serving of all meals and desserts.
11. Responsible for the security of all dietary items and the prevention of loss from staff, residents and the public.
12. Follows all food safety protocols when storing and disposing left over food.
13. Participates in staff meetings and in-services.
14. Follows all safety rules and regulations for self, residents and staff. Wears attire suitable and safe for position.
15. Performs any other duties necessary for the effective operation of the programs.
Education / Experience:
Experience in high volume food service is desirable.